Tuesday 9 February 2016

Nude Progenius Omega Treatment


This product was a very lovely Christmas gift and so I hadn't done any research into the product or the brand. To be fair, I was pretty happy with my skincare situation. I was loving my coconut oil and still am, but I wasn't looking for any kind of addition. However, I have been using the Progenius Omega Treatment for six weeks and the combination of this, the Aveda Botanical Kinetics and Coconut Oil is making my skin look very healthy... even when I haven't had enough sleep and been at work for what seems like a million hours. 

THE PROS

• Consistency: It's a very thick oil and because of this, you only need two drops. It's almost like a moisturiser. I put it on the areas that need more moisture, or rather the areas that could do with rewinding a few years, such as my forehead, around my eyes, my laughter lines and chin. 

• Moisturiser/Foundation: As per the instructions, the product can be added to moisturiser or mixed with foundation for a more radiant and hydrated look. 

• Omega Oils: The product is an omega oil treatment and contains omegas 3, 6, 7 and 9. Those fatty acids are plumping my lines nicely! 

• Ingredients: Nude skincare is formulated without: Parabens, Sulphates, Metacrylate
Polyacrylamide, Phthalates, Mineral Oil, Petrochemical, Synthetic Fragrance, Synthetic Color, Urea, Sulfate Detergents, Pegs Silicones, Polypropylene, Glycol Poloxamer, Elastomer, Synthetic Chelating Agents, DEA, Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium,

Their view is that you can have high performing skincare without certain ingredients and the ingredient list can be found on their site. 
 

  • • Combination: I use the product in the morning with Aveda's Botanical Kinetics Intense Hydrating Rich Creme and Energizing Eye Creme and in the evening with Coconut Oil. My skin has looked at its most hydrated since doing this and the Omega Treatment has been the extra thing that has really helped. Despite the price, I will be re-purchasing this and have stopped using any other serum/oil treatments since using it. 


  • • Skincare Routine: I will be doing a little trial over the next few weeks and substituting Coconut Oil for Avocado Oil. It will be interesting to see how the Avocado Oil works on its own (it's meant to soften and nourish skin) and then, how it works with the Progenius Omega Treatment. Nothing like a beauty experiment! 


  • THE CONS

    • Oil: Be careful not to put too much around the eyes prior to doing makeup. Your eyeliner will slip right off! I forget and do this regularly! 

    • Price: £62 for 30ml. Thank goodness you only need two drops a night. I'll be interested to see how long it lasts. 

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment