Wednesday 23 September 2015

The Body Shop Vitamin C Glow Boosting Moisturiser


This was a bit of an impulse buy whilst browsing in The Body Shop. My beloved Clinique moisturiser had almost run out and I thought I would try something new – especially as this particular product is targeted at 'dull, tired, grumpy skin'! My skin has been looking a little dull lately for the usual reasons (I still don't understand why my vitamin-packed diet doesn't completely counteract the effects of too much alcohol or not enough sleep but there you go...)

THE PRODUCT
According to the Body Shop this mosturiser takes a three-pronged approach to improving your skin:
Boost glow: Skin is clarified, revealing your natural healthy-looking glow.
Energise: Fresh, lightweight formula fights signs of fatigue, with an invigorating fragrance. 
Hydrate: Infuses skin with moisture.

APPLICATION
It is a gel like consistency that is very light-weight as promised. It absorbs quickly and has a cooling effect (possibly one of those products that would be particularly effective stored in the fridge, although I haven't tried that yet). The scent is really nice and 'orangey' without being too overpowering. The only downside is that it comes in a pot and, like many of you, I find a pump to be a more hygienic option.

RESULTS
I had high hopes for this moisturiser. The Body Shop has a good reputation for using great ingredients and at £16 it is on the pricier end of high street moisturisers, so I assumed I would notice a dramatic difference. (By comparison Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion is £18 for the same amount of product.)

Although it is a nice refreshing moisturiser I can't say I have noticed any real difference in my skin in terms of 'glow'. As it absorbs quickly it is a great pre-make up moisturiser first thing in the morning, but as we move into autumn/winter I prefer a cream to a gel and will be looking for something that is nourishing as well as hydrating.

THE VERDICT
This is a perfectly nice moisturiser and I really don't have anything bad to say about it. However, as the main claim is 'glow boosting' and I haven't seen any evidence of this I don't think I would buy it again. There are high street moisturisers that are far better value and high-end ones that might cost a little more, but that are truly worth it for the benefits that you see.

£16 for 50ml, www.thebodyshop.co.uk

0 comments:

Post a Comment