Friday 11 September 2015

Kay's Skincare Routine – September 2015


For the last few months, I have been looking for products that do not have parabens or ingredients that the skin doesn't need and that actually work! Jen and I have always said that balance is the key. We are certainly not the ingredients police, it's just a preference and, equally, sometimes you can't have it all! So, after some searching, I have a new skin care routine that I am very happy with:

CLEANSER
Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm – It hydrates the skin, removes waterproof makeup, lasts a long old time and leaves skin feeling clean but not dry.
£38 for 100ml

TONER
I'm not using anything at the moment but I am about to try Naobay Calming Face Toner as good old Glossybox sent a full sized through. Talking of Naobay.... 
£10.50 for 200ml

EXFOLIATOR
Naobay Moisturizing Peeling exfoliator is natural and organic, with fine particles that gently exfoliate the skin. I use this every morning.
£13.50 for 100ml



SERUM
Instead of serum, I have been using two face oils. The first, Colbert MD Illumino Face Oil, is super expensive but it really works. Massage a drop of the oil into damp skin. It gets five stars on the Space NK website and rightly so. My wrinkles appeared reduced with one use! Safe to say that I love this product.
$140 for 30ml 
The second oil is the Algenist Advanced Anti-Aging Repairing Oil. This is hydrating and although it's an oil, I can wear it underneath makeup and it doesn't make my skin oily and the makeup slip off! This is also my day moisturiser.
$79 for 30ml



EYE CREAM
Aveda Botanicals Kinetics – This has helped to smooth fine lines and is easily absorbed.
£28 for 15ml

NIGHT MOISTURISER
Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Oil Balm – This is incredibly hydrating, not greasy, and easily absorbed.
$35 for 1.4oz



MASK
GlamGlow Flashmud Brightening Treatment – This was my first time using a GlamGlow product and I am totally sold. The mask leaves the skin looking luminous and with an equal skin tone. It has birch leaf in it, which confused me on my first try! However, the leaf releases a natural acid, which balances the skin. What I love most are the exfoliating particles. As you apply the mask to the skin, you start with an exfoliation, then spend 20 minutes or so with a citrus smelling mask on your chops and you are left with radiant looking skin! Marvellous.
$69 for 1.7oz



To read my 2014 skincare routine click here
To read Jen's 2014 skincare routine click here

0 comments:

Post a Comment