Friday 31 July 2015

What's in my suitcase? Packing tips!

Going on holiday is very exciting and there is nothing better than leaving the stresses and strains of life behind and jetting off. However, although I think that the holiday feeling starts with holiday preparation, packing can be quite overwhelming and time consuming. So here are a few tips to help you stay organised.

1. I used to lay out my items before packing them, checking that I had the right pieces but now I layer my clothes whilst in the suitcase. 


I put my shoes on the bottom and I place clothing items that work together on top of each other (unlike the trip back home, where I roll my clothes to make the most of space). This saves ironing when I get to the destination and I can immediately see which pieces can be worn together. In the picture above I have two maxi dresses that will both go with my white cardigan. Therefore, they are put on top of one another and when I unpack, I can quickly put outfits away.

2. If you can double up, you should. For example, pack neutral layers that will go with a range of outfits. I am fairly strict with myself. For example in the photo below, I have removed a lime green striped cardigan. Yes, it's lovely but it only goes with one outfit, so not very useful. 


3. I tend to lay out my choice of shorts/skirts etc., making sure I am not repeating the same styles or colours. 


4. Next, I place the tops that will go with most of the shorts/skirts/trousers on top. As I do so, I check that each item can be paired with three or four other things.


5. A very important tip when packing: leave room! Only half fill your case if you think that you will be bringing home a case full of souvenirs. After all, on the way home, you can roll clothes, putting them into shoes to maximise space.

And that's it! What are your packing tips? Has anyone mastered the art of travelling light?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment