Thursday 23 July 2015

Emma Hardie Amazing Face Moringa Cleansing Balm


I popped into Space NK to pick up a Nars primer and whilst I was there, I had a gander at the skin care section (always dangerous!) and, actually, to be honest, the Diptyque candles....yes, I bought one. I was only meant to buy a primer! 

Any who, wanting something moisturising that would remove makeup, the lovely sales assistant introduced me to Emma Hardie Amazing Face Moringa Cleansing Balm. I have heard great things about Emma Hardie products, but had never actually tried anything from the range.

I tested the product and was immediately impressed by the consistency. It was light, despite the density and although it was a balm, it didn't feel greasy. The sales assistant informed me that Hardie created this product after being ill and wanted something that would nourish her skin. According to the website, emmahardie.com, the 'Moringa Cleansing Balm is a balanced daily cleanser that thoroughly cleanse deep in the pores, moisturises and calms all skin types'.

I have used this product several times and my face looks considerably smoother, especially considering that I wasn't using a harsh cleanser prior to this. I was using an excellent one from REN. However, now, my skin does look healthier. Having had a gander at the ingredients, so far, it does what it claims to do: 

  • Grape Seed Oil and Sweet Almond Oil rich in essential fatty acids help to plump and soften
  • Moringa seed extract, Wild Sea Fennel and Vitamin E balance, purify and help to minimise the appearance of open pores
  • Essential oils of Orange, Neroli and Mandarin rejuvenate and revitalise the skin whilst calming the senses
  • Jasmine and Rose help to recondition dull, dry, dehydrated and mature skins
  • Removes all traces of face and eye make-up and is so pure it doubles as a soothing and hydrating mask if left on the skin for ten minutes


  • The lady at Space NK said that the product can also be left on, as a mask, over night. It can even be used as a hair mask. 


    So, how much is it? I was expecting £50 +, mainly because of the size. You get a 100ml, plus cloth. However, I was pleasantly surprised, it is £38.00. This is especially impressive when you consider that a little product goes a long way and, apparently, if you use too much, it can congest the pores. 

    Moving onto the cloth. It has a muslin side for breaking down the makeup and dirt and a microfibre side that is used to gently remove the product in a sweeping motion. I'm not a huge fan of these types of cloth. It looks like a bacteria's paradise, even if you do rinse it properly. I prefer to rinse with warm water or use a flannel and chuck it in the wash. 

    Other than this, the only thing that I am not too keen on is the fact that it's not a pump dispenser, which means your fingers go into the product to use it. I don't hate this but I'm not a huge fan of it either. 



    However, would I repurchase? Yes, yes, yes. And probably buy a few more candles and numerous products whilst I'm there! 

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment