Tuesday 28 April 2015

Spring colour inspired makeup looks: Purple


Purple is one of those colours that produces some really exciting makeup looks but, with blue eyes, it can look a bit bruised. I usually look for blue toned purples to combat that, as pink toned purples tend to look like I've been scrapping! When it comes to vibrant colours, I typically turn to MAC and Urban Decay, especially the Vice 1 and 2 palettes. However, like the green based make up look that I posted last week, I prefer to talk about colours and textures rather than specific brands. 

With a look like this, I do my eye makeup first, clean up the fall out and then do the rest of my face. Using a flat brush, I applied a light vibrant violet to the lid of the eye. There was a glittery shimmer to this shadow. Then, using the other side of the brush, I applied a violet satin, blue glitter shadow to the middle of the lid, blending it to the lash line. Although this had some pink undertones, the blue seems to cancel out the 'I've walked into a door' look. 



In the crease, I used a a deep purple with glittery black undertones. To blend both colours into the crease, I used the light violet colour that I used on the lid, adding a dark matt blue to the outer corner.  In the lower water line, I applied a silvery purple eye pencil and used black eyeliner and mascara. I have recently been given an aubergine colour eyeliner, which would work with this. 


Urban Decay Vice 2 palette



0 comments:

Post a Comment