Monday 20 October 2014

Glossybox Goodness

I have subscribed to Glossybox on and off for several years and for as little as £8.50 a month you get five beauty products delivered straight to your door. Recently, I have been impressed by their unique box designs that have become sturdier, sleeker and down right fun. 


So, let’s get to the nitty gritty…..

THE SEPTEMBER BOX





The Karen Millen watercolour London scene is quintessentially British but in a contemporary way. 
The fact that Glossybox also had an after work gathering with prosecco (to celebrate the collaboration) makes me like it just a little bit more. Unfortunately, Jen couldn't make the event as she was at the Savoy having a fancy smancy celebratory time with her sister and dad. (Happy birthday, John!) However, I'm sure that the next time the words 'free' and 'prosecco' are bandied around, Jen and I will both be there, with bells on....and goblets at the ready. 

My favourite products: 
A fairly reasonably sized Origins Plantscription Anti-aging Power Serum (15ml)
Skin PEP Dark Circle Eraser Growth Factor Eye Cream (what the flinking flanking heck is growing? My eyes? Eye bags?)
More Brows by Model Co (you can read my full review here). 

THE OCTOBER BOX





Nuxe Paris Masque Crème Fraiche (50ml)
etre belle LipLift Peel (15ml)
So Susan Flutter Mascara (4g)
Full sized Ciate nail polish in Ditch the Heels
Rimmel BB Cream (8ml)
Yves Rocher Quelques Notes d’Amour L’Eau de Parfum (16floz)

The mask looks great and perfect after a long week of hectic-ness. I am also excited by LipLift Peel. This is something that should be used once a week, to gently remove dead skin cells and supposedly, it keeps the lips looking smooth and soft. Hurrah. Red lipstick, here I come.

The BB cream doesn’t really bother me either way, but if it is good, it will be useful for travelling.

Full sized Ciate nail varnish….why thank you Glossybox, thank you. The green colour makes me happy. Perhaps it will rival the Sephora Formula X nail varnishes?

I appreciate that the perfume is in an actual little bottle and not a sample spray. Nice touch.

I will try the mascara. I wasn’t that impressed with the concealer palette from the same company but I will give it a whirl. The Essense I Heart Extreme Crazy Volume mascara that I received a few months ago in one of the boxes was amazing, so fingers crossed…or maybe eyes would be more appropriate. No, I’d walk into things.

The only negative, the black shredded paper.... It gets all over the product!

But, all in all…..Glossybox has seriously improved. I genuinely get very excited about receiving it every month. Small pleasures, especially as this doesn’t make me put on weight, or have to exercise, or even move too much. Lovely.

Prices range from £8.50 to £10 per month depending on the length of the plan you choose. Visit
www.glossybox.co.uk for more information

0 comments:

Post a Comment