Thursday 10 July 2014

L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil



TYPE OF PRODUCT

Hair oil with a blend of six precious flower extracts.

INITIAL THOUGHTS

I bought this product because I have very long hair and if I’ve left it too long between haircuts the ends can get pretty dry and dull looking. I used to get my hair trimmed religiously every eight weeks but I realised it was getting shorter and shorter so am now leaving it much longer between cuts! (Yes, I do subject it to frequent blow-drying, curling and straightening and no, I don’t always use heat protection…) 

APPLICATION

I use one pump and apply it to the length of my hair. Using it on wet hair prior to drying and styling immediately made my hair feel softer and using it on dry hair as a finishing serum gives it a really nice healthy shine. It can even be used overnight as a mask; I use twice the amount that I usually would then plait my hair overnight. It doesn't leave residue on the pillow and although I make sure to do it on a night I'll be washing my hair in the morning, it absorbs it so well I don't need to! Maybe that's a reflection of how dry my hair is.... 

LOOK

Even with dry split ends between haircuts this oil instantly made my hair look and feel healthier. 

REPURCHASE

Definitely, although I’ve been using it for several months and have barely made a dent in it so I doubt I’ll be repurchasing for a while. 

THOUGHTS

I really am impressed by this product. It’s very good value for money, lasts a really long time and has greatly improved the condition of my hair. Obviously the effects may vary depending on your hair type, but if your hair is looking at all dull and dry I encourage you to give it a go!

RRP £9.99 – Keep your eye open for this product in supermarkets because I got mine half price.

0 comments:

Post a Comment