Tuesday 29 April 2014

Urban Decay Build Your Own Palette – Melt

TYPE OF PRODUCT

A six-pan customised palette.


THOUGHTS

This is my go-to palette that I use every day for work and for a bright eye look. It is an excellent selection of useful, highly pigmented shades. I find the Real Techniques Essential Crease Brush to be the best applicator for this palette or sometimes I use a MAC 217 brush. 

The colours that I have in my palette are:
Walk of Shame (matte beige pink)
Vanilla (buttery, shimmery light gold)
Zephyr (metallic white)
Midnight Cowgirl (metallic, glittery dusky pink with a hint of bronze)
Polyester Bride (metallic, glittery silver)
SWF (glittery baby pink)




I find that cool colours suit me more than warm ones (I prefer Urban Decay's Naked 2 to the original). The only shade that I am not so keen on in this palette is SWF, which is a dark baby pink and is glitter central. The colour just doesn't suit me but the pigmentation is super duper. 

They are all light shades as I wanted a palette that I could use on early mornings to bring some brightness to my eyes. Although it is glittery formula, Midnight Cowgirl is a subtle crease colour. All the colours are incredibly pigmented, in true Urban Decay style. Actually, since buying it, I haven't used any other highlight or cream colour – my poor MAC palette might be getting a tad jealous!

From left to right: SWF, Polyester Bride, Midnight Cowgirl, Zephyr, Vanilla, Walk of Shame.



PACKAGING

All you need to do is take the individual shadows out of their silver packaging and pop them into the palette. I remember not being able to do it too easily at first – I am seriously uncoordinated – and had to use a knife (blunt of course!) to pop them out. However, now that I have it worked out, it's very easy.


STAYING POWER

Lasts all day. I do use setting powder and a setting spray but even without they are very long lasting. I don't have oily lids however, so they might not last quite last as long on a different skin type. For me, Zephyr, Polyester Bride and Vanilla are the best for longevity and appearance.


REPURCHASE?

Yes, I love the Urban Decay shadows. They are the most pigmented shadows around and are easily applied and blended.

£8 for palette and £14 per eyeshadow

 

 www.urbandecay.com



0 comments:

Post a Comment